Sunday, May 27, 2012

16 Months

  "Look at my big foot!"

 Finally, a smile...coerced out of him by Daddy's tickles!

Briefly hugging "Bear-y" before tossing him overboard.

Not much has change since last months "status update". Abram pushes for a little more independence every day and I love watching him investigate new things, ie. trying to open a ziploc bag. It's cool to watch this little person discover the world around him.

He does have a new favorite book: "Goodnight Moon". Its such a strange little book but I think he was originally drawn to it because of the "red balloon". We read it almost every night and I pretty much have it memorized.

Mealtimes are either great or terrible as in he'll eat it all or  he'll eat the "carb" and then try to put everything else in his hair. It can be very trying of my patience and I visualize those mom's I've seen screaming at their kids in stores. I pray for patience. I still have to squish up most fruits and vegetables to get him to eat them, but bread, pasta, cheese and meats get demolished quickly...as do scrambled eggs...LOVES those. He also likes to drink from straws at restaurants, especially if it's my sweet tea!

I signed him up for swim lessons at the YMCA which start on June 4th. Hopefully he will not be too shy and enjoy the pool time. He surprised me by clinging to me and barely going into the water when I took him to a water park in Louisviille. He LOVES water, but he just seemed overwhelmed by the environment. It might take a few lessons before he gets used to it. Then he'll be ready for the pool party in July! woohoo!

No comments: