Tuesday, January 27, 2009

New Stuff!

We've purchased a few new things lately for the house. Continuing with our kitchen "update", Curtis installed a trashcan in a lower cabinet that pulls out. I love it! He's also installed the microwave over the stove! What a handyman I married!
We also purchased some chairs to go with the table we brought home from Curt's grandma's house. The table is an antique "Duncan Phyfe" table and we searched online and at local antique stores for matching chairs, but everything was either too expensive, not sturdy, or part of a set that we didn't want to mess with. I like our new chairs. They have nice clean lines and go well with the original color of the table. Of course, my other pieces in the dining room no longer match...oh well. It's a work in progress going from hand-me-downs to things-we-really-like.We've spent a lot lately on these items so our kitchen under cabinet lighting and tile will have to wait a bit. We decided to paint under the cabinets in the meantime just so it doesn't look so unfinished.

Oh, and here's Curtis's cake that he made for a co-worker's birthday last night. He was very proud of it and I was extremely impressed by his "basket-weave"!

4 comments:

The Richardson Family said...

im very impressed by that cake - good job curtis!!

Anonymous said...

YEAH! It all looks fabulous! How does one even do a basket weave? Does it involve 2 piping bags? My, oh my, impressive...

Lindy from Indy said...

Congrats on the new kitchen stuff!! And I have the same question...how DOES one even do a basket weave?!

Anonymous said...

I'll just say it was fairly tedious...and your hand starts to cramp. But, it turned out great for a first timer!