I've done one of these photo shoots once a month for the last 14 months. Sometimes I only take a few, because he won't stay in the chair, and sometimes I take a lot, but I just select a few for the blog. This time I thought I'd pay homage to Aunt Krista, because I took a lot...why not post them all! So enjoy!
Done!
Hi, Mom...
Here, try this, it's good!
See?
Told ya'.
Aw, Mom!
He's getting so big. He's starting to express himself so much more, pleasantly and unpleasantly. Some foot stomping, collapsing, and screeching has occurred....and so has some discipline. *Note to self: Get to reading Dobson's "Bringing Up Boys" post haste!
Abram has:
- 12 teeth
- hazel eyes
- moved into his 18 month clothes (he's about 31" tall I think, not sure on weight...Dr. appt. next month)
- expressed distaste for all fruits except bananas and dates and LOVES bread
- been jabbering even more and will attempt to say "up-stairs", "dad", "dog", "hello", "kitty" or "cat", "harriet" and "di?" (this?) while pointing to various body parts on himself or me or pictures on his sippy cups. And quite clearly he will say "all done?" when he is finished eating...whether I want him to be or not!
- recognized pictures of balls and balloons in books and then reaches for his own ball/balloon in the room.
- used his potty 4 times this week! Twice before his baths and twice after naps when he woke up with a dry diaper! He loves to just sit on it while he brushes his teeth!
- learned how to open doors because all of our doors except the front door are latches...which means he has successfully let the dogs in the back door on his own and has escaped out of it once before I caught him!
- decided it's his job to let Harriet out of her crate when we return from any outing and to throw any piece of paper he finds on the floor into the trash can.
- begun to "dance" any time a phone rings.
- branched out from VanFleet's "Cat" and "Dog" to include the Katz' lift-a-flap books in his favorite reading material, along with "Brown Bear, Brown Bear.." and "Wheels on the Bus".
- decided that swings are scary but slides are fun.
- gone mushroom hunting with us twice, riding in his hiking carrier (none found....yet).
- enjoyed bubbles on the back deck and our makeshift sprinkler, consisting of the garden hose nozzle set to "mist" and laying face up in the grass...he's going to love the pool this summer!
1 comment:
Rachel, he is so precious, getting cuter by the hour it seems! hope to get to meet him someday. what a blessing (can't say that enough!)
Post a Comment