Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Small Update

Curtis writes:

Wanted to let everyone know that we're still here! Rachel and I have both been busy with work, holidays and getting ready for baby. I'll let Rachel post on showers, nursery, etc.

My life is usually run by a "to do" or project list. I've been so far consumed this fall with a back yard/deck project (pictures upon completion). I'll admit I don't know everything but I can usually figure things out in time....sometimes a long time (see fence project 2008). I started by moving the steps in mid-summer with the help of a friend who actually knew what he was doing (thanks Chris!). I'm currently in the middle of the stone wall build with a patio/walkway to go in after that. Please hold off snow!

The big projects usually get pushed back due to smaller ones. For example, here is what was on tap for tonight:

We're getting ready to sell my little blue car and needed to fix some things beforehand, like replace the seat belt. I basically had to tear out the entire back to get to it! I kept going and going! First, seat, then back part of the seat, then trim and now it looks like this. Good thing is - I'm pretty sure how to put it all back together (and will throw away any "extra" pieces). And why does the seat belt need replaced do you ask? The culprit:

A while ago he decided he didn't like being belted in....he found his own way around it.

Meanwhile, the cats are doing what they do best - nothing.


With all these projects of mine there isn't much time for a normal workout routine so I have to improvise.


No comments: