Monday, November 1, 2010

Ponies, Pot Pie, Puppies, Parties and Pumpkins

The month of October is brought to you by the letter, "P".

Mom and Dad came down while Curtis was away backpacking in the Smokies and took me to the World Equestrian Games. They were held at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington. We went to the cross country portion of the eventing competition...I would have preferred to see dressage, but those tickets were REALLY expensive.

You could only watch a jump at a time, but it was cool to walk around and see a few of the different jumps along the course.
This was one of the more challenging, jumping down into a water feature, and then back up and over another 2 jumps out of the water.

This was an absolutely beautiful (and delicious) Chicken Pot Pie that Curtis and I made...he made the filling, I made the crust...so I guess he was responsible for the delicious and I took care of the beautiful:)

Our neighbors dog had 7 puppies and then was struck by a car and killed two weeks later. I helped the neighbors bottle feed the babies during the day until they found a foster placement that could raise/find homes for all of them. Such cute babies...I was sad when they left.

I celebrated my 2nd annual 29th birthday this month! I had a party at Clark State Forest and had quite a few friends come out for pulled pork, ice cream and cupcakes. I made my cupcakes with candy corn as the inspiration. They were quite yummy.

My friend Kristen and I at my birthday party. Her baby is due about a week after mine! They're waiting to find out if it's a boy/girl too!

We were inspired by a picture we saw in This Old House magazine (also a Martha Stewart idea) and decided to "drill" our pumpkins.

Curtis' turned out the best with the multi-sized holes. The holes on my swirl pumpkin were hard to see from some angles...if I were really invested, I would have taken the time to push the Christmas lights through the drilled out holes, but it was late! We'll try this again next year!

No comments: