Saturday, June 21, 2008

In the Interim

Alright, I'm as bad at updating this blog as I was at visiting my "myspace"! I promised my friend Mimi (and her mother) that I would update my site this weekend. A few things have happened since May. We had another litter of kittens come through...this time with a Mommy, so they weren't nearly as needy as our first litter. They left for the vet yesterday and will stay there in a condo for a while to be socialized a bit more before being adopted. There is a slight possibility that the mama cat, Angel, was pregnant again before we fostered her, so she will be coming back to us if a pregnancy is confirmed. Here is a video of the "A-Team" litter, Angel, Aerial, Axel, Anvil and Ace.

Curtis found a 15 week old kitten outside of our local IGA store the other day. We sent him to the vet yesterday and they put him on an IV catheter because he was very dehydrated and lethargic. Despite his poor health, he was purring like a jet engine every time we came near him. The vet said that he is doing much better this morning but wants to keep him for the weekend. He is a beautiful kitten, the color of sand with gold eyes. We plan to call him Nebu, the Egyptian symbol for gold. I'll put pics of him up when he comes home on Monday.

No comments: