Saturday, January 25, 2014

12 Months

Well, this is embarrassing. I haven't blogged since before Thanksgiving. So much for documenting every cute, adorable thing my cute, adorable daughter is doing every day. If it weren't for the fact that I did manage to do a few blog posts every month for her brother, I'd give this up completely. I just don't have the time and resources. So sorry blog followers. Sorry Lydia.

These were Lydia's 12 month...1 year!...pictures. We opted for her birthday t-shirts rather than dressing up, so a bit casual, but she's still stinkin' cute!

 It's getting harder to keep Lyida in the rocking chair. We tried the book distraction this month. She REALLY loves books. I don't remember Abram bringing us books and backing up into our laps for us to read to him. She does this and its adorable! She really loves this little Itsy Bitsy Spider puppet book she got in her stocking and the touchy feely book we got her. But she also loves Baby Faces and many other little board books. We have plenty for her to choose from!





 Tried to entertain with the stacking toy, but she slid out of the chair and went for her little rocking chair. Speaking of...she has a new one...and I didn't even notice. Grandma Cunningham snuck up to their room and replaced the old one (that was broken, reglued and stain peeling) with this new one that is much fancier  without telling me. I didn't know about it until ABRAM spotted our old one at her house! I told him it wasn't his and Jill said, "Yes, it is!" I had to look at the pics I'd just taken to see that it was a new chair! My attention to detail is failing I guess! 




 Daddy was helping with this photoshoot, so we started to get some smiles. She does have a few more teeth, although you can still usually only see 2 in these pics. At this point, she has 4. Two on the bottom and then one top middle on the left and then the secondary incisor on the right. Makes for a bit of a cockeyed grin, but the other two on top are so close to coming through as well.


 I'm ONE!

One last one with Beary and the giraffe shirt:)

At one year she is still very tiny - 28" (24%) 17 lbs 10 oz (17%)- but she is mighty! She is strong willed and loud about it. We've been working on "look at mommy" and "come here". She understands "no, no", but you can see her choose not to listen on occasion...waiting to see if I'm going to get up and do something about it. Little stinker! 
Lydia LOVES silky fabric and has attached herself to the "Grandma loves me" baby blanket and a little curtain tie back at mom and dad's. She wants to carry them everywhere and will lay on them and suck her thumb. I loved silky when I was a baby, and so I think this love has been inherited somehow. Still nursing first thing in the morning and at night, but those are brief and will be easy to stop. Eats WELL! Feeds herself. I rarely interject unless its really soupy and she needs help getting the spoon to her mouth. She loves to use a fork or spoon when she's eating (uses left hand a lot) and will successfully get food to her mouth more than not! It's pretty impressive, albeit messy.
Loves the cats, loves Chip, loves to watch the computer/tv and will pretend to talk on the toy phones. Carries them around jabbering! "Asks" for toothbrush when we're brushing and gnaws on the the little pretzel handled toothbrush from Aunt Leslie. Those things are great!
She will say "uh-oh" when she drops something and "Ah-duuuh" with her hands up when she's done eating or wants to be done with a diaper change! She is walking well, although she trips frequently...a little klutzy. She always has at least one self-afflicted bruise at all times....I'm sure Abram's to blame for a few of them as well. I can't wait till she can take and dish it right back at him! It won't be long!
We had  a birthday party at Grandma and Grandpa Hardacre's house with all the family there. Lydia had her own little cake with sugar gum paste ladybugs and bees and a giant one and everyone else had cupcakes with gum paste "bugs". They were fun but challenging to make!
 Smash cake!

All the bugs!

The presents! She got some clothes, toys (penguin stacker and pop beads) and I gave her her taggie blanket that I made....it will take her a while to attach to it, but I'm sure she will...it's silky!
I have lots of pictures but they are on a different computer since I took them on my phone...and I rely a lot on Aunt Krista at special occasions. She takes so many pics that I don't really need to! It was a nice birthday party...I know it's cliche, but they really do grow up so fast!
At some point in time, we will get our pictures/videos organized and on a computer that we can connect to the internet with so that I can do a "video post". I haven't shared NEARLY enough of those! 
Time for lunch now, but I will post Lydia's 13 month pictures this aftenoon....and I need to post about Abram because he's 3 now!!!!

No comments: