Monday, January 23, 2012

Birthday Cake(s)!

 
Step 1:  Design the cake(s). I knew I wanted Abram to have his own piece to destroy and that we'd need more than one cake mix to have enough cake for everyone. I decided on the "building block" theme because I could incorporate things he likes to play with and his name and his age.

 
Step 2: Make really big cake and lots of buttercream icing! Divide and stack cakes into 3 inch squares.

 Step 3: Cut out all the numbers, letters, frames, squares and pictures for the blocks, then attach them with more buttercream.
Step 4: Take lots of pictures from all angles before transporting them to Grandparents house...just in case something happens during transport. The two sets of two were not in the original plans, but I had the cake, so I worked them into the design, spelling out Abram's full name...

and his birth date.

The larger cake from all angles. 


 Step 5: One last chance to take pictures before it's time to cut!

Step 6: Enjoy!

Abram had a great birthday party at Grandma and Grandpa Hardacre's house. Aunt Leslie, Grandma and Grandpa Cunningham, Mammaw, Great Aunt Krista, Great Uncle Tim, Uncle Chris, Aunt Emily, and cousins Caleb, Eli, and Paige were all in attendance. He got lots of fun presents like a keyboard and a big pony, clothes, books and toys. He also got college money! Woohoo! Thanks so much!

3 comments:

The Athearns said...

Amazing job on the cakes! Wow!!! I can't believe he's one already! :)

kristen t. said...

Wow! You did a great job on this cake! Very cute idea.

Erin said...

Rachel you are seriously so talented!! Awesome cake!