This picture is pretty somber, but it was the best one with "Bear-y".
But he was very happy for this photo shoot.
"nose"
Loves his slippers.
He likes to rock in the chair and then slllliiiiide himself out and then wants back up to rock some more, repeat.
At 12 months old:
- Abram walks so well he practically runs around.
- Likes to carry things around with him....sometimes things that are bigger than he is!
- Loves to try to "play" with the cats and dogs. He will hug or lay his head down on them when we say "aw-a-ah".
- He eats really well, basically 3 meals a day plus night time bottle. I worry that he doesn't get enough, but his belly proves otherwise! haha
- We're finishing up with breastfeeding. Nurses briefly first thing in the morning...but that won't last much longer. Working on using a cup/sippy cup. I get impatient because it takes so long and he spills so much, but I know it's necessary! I've been tempted to buy him his own camelbak...he LOVES drinking from mine!
- He is 30" tall and weighs 20#.
- He enjoys taking baths and brushing his teeth with the little toothbrushes Aunt Leslie brings him.
- He's not so crazy about diaper changes right now and will arch his back and try to roll over...making it very difficult to wrap said diaper around him and affix it in place.
- He brings us books to read to him. He especially likes the Matthew VanFleet books "Cat" and "Dog" and a Sesame Street book called "Cookie's Cookies" that has sound effects.
- He will "dance" by turning in circles and bobbing his head when he hears music.
- He jabbers with a lot of "dah!", "ge-ah!", "uh!" The closest we've heard to words has been "hi-dah!" when Curtis gets home from work.
- He waves hello and goodbye and claps and squeals.
- He gives the sweetest "leg hugs" and lays his head down on my shoulder when I'm holding him.
There are so many things, it's hard to make lists like this! It's hard to believe my baby is one year old now! I just love him to pieces!
- Additionally, he will sit and look at his books and jabber away. He also loves to play with his Discovery Toys Marble Castle.
- He is now scaling the stairs with ease and totally understands the "feet first" mantra I've been preaching. Occasionally he'll still try to face plant so a constant vigilance is necessary!
1 comment:
He is looking little boy-ish and less baby-ish here! He is very handsome.
Have you tried the Nuby sippy cups? With the big silicone spout? A friend of mine recommended them to me and we haven't had any leaks/mess. Water seems to take a while, but breastmilk went down quickly.
Or maybe he is ready for a straw and/or his own Camelbak!
And ahhh, diaper changes. I feel your pain.
Post a Comment