Saturday, May 28, 2011

May Act Two: Camping

Well, not really camping, but we stayed in a very nice humongous cabin on the Blue River with our small group from church. It was really fun! Abram did well, slept thru the night and napped well in this pack n play and experienced his first camp fire! We went kayaking one day while our friend watched Abram. Curtis had not tried that before and he really enjoyed it! This was also my first Mother's Day! The guys got all the girls pretty flowers and cooked us an AMAZING breakfast! It was a wonderful weekend...thank you to Paul for arranging it for us.

This cabin on the Blue River is owned by Missy Bush. She is working on a website for renting her cabins and I will link it once it's available. The place was very nice to stay in and I've recommended that we use it for our staff retreat this year! So peaceful!


We hadn't traveled with the pack n play yet and it worked very well!

I know these are a bit hard to see, but so much more representative of the experience than the pictures with the flash. Abram seemed mesmerized by the fire...as we all are really.

Dean, Rayla and Alicia by the fire.

I'll post a kayak picture as soon as Donna gets it to me.

2 comments:

kristen t. said...

Sounds like a fun trip! I love old cabins (I love that kitchen set-up!). Reminds me of camp.

Donna French said...

I've posted pics on FB for you...sorry it took so long!