I apologize to my followers for leaving you hanging so long. I haven't blogged since May, but I've had some very good reasons. For one, at the very end of May we found out that we were PREGNANT! After 18 months of trying on our own, we broke down and visited a fertility specialist. He recommended IUI (whoever wants to can look that up), and after several visits to Cincinnati, we had the procedure done on Mother's Day. And it worked! We told family and some friends at the beginning of June but managed to sit on the news until the end of summer. Curtis staged some photos like the one above ("barefoot and pregnant"), to tell people the news. Some people caught on quicker than others...Emily was definitely the fastest! Now I'm almost 17 weeks along and we're telling the world!
Camps started the second week of June (I'll do a camp summary in a separate post) and then I broke my foot the second week of camp while playing with the kids in the gym. That slowed me down considerably...and then the nausea kicked in about the same time. Thankfully, eating crackers anytime I felt slightly hungry kept the nausea at bay and I never actually threw up. But with a broken foot and first trimester symptoms, I would come home from work, eat, and then crash! No energy to blog at all. We did manage to take pictures this summer though, so here is a little visual review of the summer months.
Stay tuned for the summer camp update, deck remodeling and belly (for all those who want to laugh at me getting fatter) posts!
4 comments:
Oh Rachel, I am SOOOO excited and happy for you guys! I have to admit, though, I actually heard you were pregnant back at the end of June. I was in Indiana visiting my family and ran into Tim (Wagner) and he was telling me how you broke your foot and then he said "Yeah and they're pregnant too!". I figured you were only telling family so I kept it to myself but I'm so glad to hear you announce it to the world!! :) I can't believe you are already almost halfway done! I'd been praying for you guys and it's so awesome to see God's faithfulness. Enjoy this amazing time and I can't wait to see belly pics!
p.s. I just sent you a facebook message about how to do the blog header. :)
good ol' Uncle Time!
uhh...that would be "Uncle Tim" not "Time"
i cant wait to see the belly pics!! and i hardly doubt you are going to look like you are getting fatter, you are gonna be one of those girls who just looks the same but with a basketball in your shirt :) congrats again, i am so so so happy for you both!!!
Post a Comment