
I think flowers are such wonderful things. It takes such brilliant color to pull us out of the doldrums of winter. All of these flowers are perennials that will keep coming up every year without too much expense or effort on my part. The tulips I planted last fall (thanks Curtis and Mom and Dad). The daffodil's I was given as a gift at work and the hyacinth I bought this spring, but couldn't decide where to plant...I need to pick a spot because they're done blooming and I need to put some summer annuals in my pot! My irises have been a multi-step process and their heights reflect that. Some I planted a year and half ago, some a year ago, some last fall and some this spring! We (and our neighbors) love them!

Daffodil and Hyacinth

Flowering Plum Tree

Weeping Cherry (dazzling short-lived flowers)

Tulips

Most recent Iris plantings. They now extend along the entire curve of the drive.

I'm sticking with shades of "purple" around the drive.



Can you tell I love my irises?

I'm also proud of this little free transplant...Lilly of the Valley! This is planted in the shade near my hostas, which are also coming up nicely, but won't flower till mid-late summer.

Not really a flower, but this is my new hummingbird feeder. Much easier to clean than the bottle type, although a bit more awkward to hang level. Hope to have some hummers this summer!
1 comment:
I love the pink tulips! I want a bulb or two of those when you have some spread (do they spread?? haha).
Post a Comment