Sunday, March 14, 2010

Time For A New Look!

I've had the same blog background for a while now...I thought it was time for a change. This was serves several purposes...it looks "spring-y:", I volunteer for Shamrock and the clover shamrock is our symbol, and St. Patricks Day just happens to be next week! So this will be my new look for a while.

After months of staring at swatches and paint samples, we finally picked a paint color/technique for our bedroom. Curtis really liked the "brushed suede" look that a friend of ours has in her dining room, so we chose Ralph Lauren's Brushed Suede in "Sandoval". Here are some before/during pictures...and I'll post an after when we get all the way finished. It's kind of a multi-step process.

We chose the color ( not the exact paint, but a sample that was color matched) on the left.

This is the first coat...then you have to go back over it with a second coat making "x's" with a 3 inch brush. That is on the docket for today.

This picture gives you an idea of the color. It's still a neutral tan, but it's much less "blah" and the suede technique will make it look really soft and cozy.

And here's another multi-step process. So, many of you know that I'm growing out my hair to donate to Locks of Love. I haven't cut my hair since last December (2008) so it's getting pretty long. It's getting more difficult to "manage" and the process of straightening it is getting a bit scary. I don't straighten it very often...it's a waste of my time if it's humid or there's a chance of rain. It's fun to do though, and it always throws people because it looks sooo different! Anyways, these pictures prove the adage that "sometimes it must get worse before it gets better." haha
Blow dry....round brush....huge curling iron.

No comments: