The Bats are off to a great season and are currently in 1st place in their division. I’m of course busier than ever and the next stretch of games will be a long one. We have games from this Thursday to next Thursday that include two of my “Education Days” with my second “Dog Day” in the year coming up in the next homestand in June. I’m even “catering” (I’m using the term lightly) for the players/coaching staff on one of the days. I’ll be making 180 mini sandwiches out of Hawaiian Sweet Rolls and meat, cheese and a butter/garlic/onion/poppy seed topping. A thanks goes to Kristin for the recipe! If you were at our open house last January you know exactly what I’m talking about….soooo good!
Joe and Huff made a couple trips down to see us in the last few weeks. The first time they stopped by on their way to Nashville with a couple of friends to go to a Dave Matthews Band concert. And then a couple weeks later Joe, Huff and Taylor came down to see a game. Visitors are always welcome!
I finished a garage project the beginning of this month. Of course, it took longer than I expected, like it always does, but it’s done and serves its purpose. I should have taken a “before picture” to show how much the garage was in disarray. One whole wall was cluttered with things stacked on top of each other and we could fit both of our cars in, just barely. I found some pictures online of different shelving designs and settled on this one because it is adjustable.
We have also taken out the rocks that lead from our deck to the garage and replaced it with stepping-stones with grass (if it grows) in between them. We don’t have the best of soil around here so getting things to grow is a trial to say the least. The area is seeded with some green spots as of right now. Some other projects that I’d like to see done this summer is refinishing the deck, staining the fence and starting in on some landscaping. We’ll see what happens!
1 comment:
Looks great--what did you do with the rocks you took up? We have a small gravel area that I want to get rid of and seed, but I don't know where I'll put gravel/concrete chunks.
Have fun making those sandwiches!! Yum.
Post a Comment