Wednesday, May 7, 2014

16 months


 16 months. This really is a fun age. I remember loving this period of time with Abram too, between a year and 18 months. So much personality busting out but not too much attitude yet. Lydia has more attitude than Abram did at this point. I don't remember him challenging me until closer to 18 months...perhaps I just didn't realize it was happening! Love her dress/bow in this picture. We bought the dress at the little children's boutique in Winchester and the bow from Bella Blue, right around the corner. Couldn't BELIEVE I found a bow with the same color blue/grey/green as this dress! She wore these for Palm Sunday.


  My happy clappy girl. Sorry, this post has way too many pictures, but I can't ever decide which ones to use, so I just use most of them. Even the blurry ones I have trouble parting with, because those are the ones where she smiles the biggest!

 That thumb. Gonna be a hard habit to break. She does understand "thumb out" and responds accordingly...then pops it back in.

"Beary" love.

 Abram loves to "help" with the photo shoots. I usually banish him at some point because he's being more of a hindrance than a help!


 Seriously can't believe the color match......or this horribly distorted "cheese" face! hahaha
 
 Blurry big smiles riding her (brother's) horsey. He's too big now, just right for her! 

 Turned the view finder on the phone camera to face her......'"hey that's me!!"
 "cheese"....now shy
 "where's your tongue?".....aw-awaw

 Brother Abram took this one....and then this series cracks me up...can't ever get both of them to sit still, smile and look at the camera simultaneously! I seriously need a better camera!


 
 

Lydia at 16 months says:
Dah-ee for daddy
" " for mommy
" " for grandpa/grandma
dee-dee for baby
wa or cuh for her water (cup)
ow…when something hurts a little
Hi
uh-oh…when she drops something
Nooooo….when she doesn’t want to do something or something is taken away that she wants.
Sheesh for shoes
Buh for book
Da duuuh for all done
Dee-da-duh for “peek a boo” while uncovering her face
She will sign “more” and nod yes or shake her head no, fairly accurately.
She will wave bye bye and say “duh-duh”…are you seeing the “d” trend?? She will squeeze me and makes the cutest “stink face” for kisses, wrinkling up her nose and pursing her lips. Love itJ
She is tolerating her brothers rough housing much more…allows him to haul her off of things without protesting. They will play together and she’ll chase him down the hallway with her stiff-legged run!
Loves books, loves food. I could more easily list foods she doesn’t like than food she likes.  Her favorite books are the ones with moving parts, lift-a-flap, etc. She also likes our Usborne books, “You Choose”  (I think we read this one almost every night) and “There’s a Mouse in the House.” Awesome books!
Loves trying to put on her own shoes. She will retrieve her shoes/socks when asked to and she’ll take everyone else their shoes. She also brings phones and water bottles to their respective ownersJ
Likes to slide and swing at the playground and climb any ladders/stairs she finds. Quite fearless and has the bruises, scrapes and bumps to prove it!
I trimmed her hair a second time. Still has a bit of a wave to the tips of her hair and for now I’m going to keep it trimmed to a “bob” with bangs. It’s  gradually thickening in, but still pretty wispy.
Has started using the “froggy potty”.  Has peed and pood on her potty and the big potty. Tonight she actually pood on hers, then ours, then the one in the nursery! Haha
Cut another bottom tooth to the left of center over the last several days (April 26-30th) and its been what has woken her up at night I believe.

Had her “15 m” appointment with a new doctor. Dr. Sanjay Garg with Pavilion Pediatrics. I really liked him on first impression and have friends who take their children to the same office who highly recommended he and his colleagues. Lydia was 30.25 inches (19%) and 20.5 lbs (29%)…still tiny. 

No comments: