I was a bit more reserved this month, but its hard, because she's just getting cuter! 8 months old and the personality is starting to really shine! I'm thinking about entering one of these pictures into a beautiful baby contest hosted by our local newspaper...I think she'd get some votes!!
"Beary" didn't stand a chance this month. I would sit him up next to her and she'd just yank him back over. She is very grabby and hands on, and since she's starting to "mobilize", she's pretty good at getting a hold of things!
She's either somber or smiling! She will cry on occasion, mostly if I leave the room or return after being gone for a while. Definite separation from mommy anxiety happening this month. Its sweet to be needed, but good for her to be away from me and comfortable with others taking care of her/feeding her.
Taking a chunk out of "Beary". This little girl eats EVERYTHING! Still breastfeeds 4 times a day (7,11,3,8) and we've been doing "Baby Led Weaning" for 2 months now and LOVE IT!
But that's a subject for another post!
This cute little outfit is from Aunt Krista. It's technically a 12 month, but I thought it fit her just fine for this photo shoot. Our Dr. didn't see the need for a 9 month check up, so I won't have official stats on her until a year. If I remember, I'll try to get a weight/height on her myself for next time. She's about average though I think, not jumping clothing sizes or anything:-)
"Hey Mommy, whatcha got there?"
"Yeah, I think I want to hold that!"
My favorite new behavior this month (other than barrel rolling off of her blanket to get to whatever catches her eye) is a "game" we play. When she's in the right mood, you can look at her and tilt your head to the side and she'll mimic you! It's SOOOO cute! I really need to get it on video!
I need to make more hairbows. I bought this mop of a flower and attatched the elastic band. She looks so stinkin' cute in them, but finding the time to make them is hard!
Abram wanted a turn in the chair too! He is SOO big, long legs. Speaking of jumping sizes, I had to pull out the 3T pants the other day because the weather has been cooler and his 2T's were "high-waters". He's still not potty trained and I haven't really decided how to proceed. He's SO independent and likes to do things for himself. He is perfectly capable of using the toilet when taken to it, but he has YET to tell me WHEN he has to GO! It has become quite frustrating!
These two kiddos keep me hopping. Abram is almost 31 months, full-blown toddler, with good days and bad days. He LOVES his "sister" and she loves him! He is very sweet with her...most of the time. Never hurts her on purpose, but he is a boy, and there have been a few accidental side swipes with a stuffed animal or squishy ball to the face.
Although I have days when I just want to get away from them for a few hours, I love them so much and can't believe I've been blessed with this these sweet, beautiful children!
No comments:
Post a Comment