Saturday, May 25, 2013

5 Months and Mother's Day

 Lydia FINALLY was all smiles for a photo shoot! Her 5 month pictures were so cute, I've posted almost all of them:-) She is SUCH a good baby. She's transitioned to the new house very well, is almost always eating/napping right on schedule (4 hr) and sleeping through the night. I've stopped "dream feeding" her and just feed her right before she goes down for the night between 8-9. Since she's going to bed that early, we've also moved her into the crib and Abram is in the BIG BED! AH! Room sharing is nothing new, I know, but it seems like nobody does this anymore...especially with brothers and sisters. We've had a couple good nights, a couple bad nights...we'll make it work! As you can see, we're in our old familar rocking chair! We moved into our new house this month!

 We started this photo shoot at just the right time...happily fed, not close to nap time.

 Looks like her Aunt Leslie in this one.

 Whereas Abram was always moving his legs...which we dubbed "cricket legs", Lydia has "happy feet"...she keeps her legs straight out a lot and rotates her ankles. She looks like a ballerina...and it makes all socks and shoes fall off very quickly!



 Foot still moving!

 This finger must taste good too...she is almost always sucking her left thumb now.


Sits with assistance...lists often!

 Brother Abram was behind me while I took pictures...wanting to "help" take pictures too. He is helpful in that she likes to smile at him.

 Lydia was yelling at him. It's already starting...(sigh).

Mother's Day was the Sunday after we moved into our house. I sang at the Mother's Day Banquet at church (Leslie played the piano for me but couldn't sing because of laryngitis). We had some sound system technical difficulties (ie, we couldn't access it until banquet had started) but I sang "Masterpiece" and "Love Never Fails". It was far from perfect, but we survived.  It was a good weekend. Jill and Krista dropped by on Sunday, so we took pictures...something I forgot to do on my FIRST Mother's Day (doh!)
Abram's "Portrait of Mommy"

Me and my kiddos.

My family

No comments: