Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Attitude and Sleeplessness

This isn't a good combination.

Abram was a good sleeper. He took to sleep training very well. I remember really stressing over it because I wanted him on a good sleep schedule by the time I returned to work. He's still a good sleeper. 10-11 hours at night and almost always a solid 2 hours in the afternoon.

But recently he's developed an attitude. I'm told it's called "two". I'm doing my best to stay on top of this attitude.

Enter, Lydia.

Lydia started out sleeping really well and she gave me a few 6 (even 7) hour nights. But for the last...I don't even know how long...she's been waking between 3:50 and 4:50 and requires pacifying of some sort. I try anything and everything but feeding her. Sometimes she goes back to sleep quickly, but sometimes she keeps waking up during that hour and I'm up and down and up and down and up and down. Sometimes I just end up bringing her to bed with us, because then, of course, she sleeps.  It's exhausting.

Abram's 2 hour nap is his saving grace. It lets me take a nap too...which gives me the boost I need to calmly curb the attitude.

Please sleep, sweet Lydia. I don't know how much longer your brother will let us nap.




1 comment:

mimilach said...

i hope for your sake you get to keep those naps, i didnt realize how wonderful they were until they were gone. logan still naps once or twice a week, but you never know when, if, or how long. so sweet abram, be nice to your mommy and keep napping :)