Monday, August 13, 2012

Cunningham Birthdays

Curtis' mom asked me to make a white cake with white icing for the family birthday party (4 out of 5 of them are in the first half of August), so I made a HUGE cake. It wasn't exactly what I wanted to do, design wise, but I didn't have the ingredients to make the royal icing needed for fancy flowers, and this was probably less stressful in the long run. SOMEDAY, I'm going to get some meringue powder and "play" with flower making. 

 I let Abram run amok in the kitchen while I iced the cake...there were canning lids/rings everywhere and he ended up in the oven drawer...but he stayed occupied and mostly distracted from the cake.

 The Cunningham Birthday boys and girls:-)

 We went to Winchester to watch one of Curtis' friends  from high school (and technically distant cousins) play softball. We hung out with his parents and his little boy, Maddox.

Maddox is 3, but Abram was almost as tall as he was! They had fun playing ball, then we had a picnic on the playground with Aunt Leslie (who rode her new bike from Mom and Dads to Winchester!)

 Grandpa and his "buddies"...all of whom are pretty much inseparable. 

 Curtis opening his b-day present from my family.

 Yay! New weed whacker!

 Like I said before...inseparable!

 Abram loves to hang upside down, always has!

Hello!

While at Grandparents, I went scrounging for pictures of me and Curtis when we were around Abram's age and here's what I came up with! I think we're both between 19-22 months in these pictures.
 I really do see a little of both of us in Abram. He has my face shape and eyes, Curtis' hair and lips, haha. There were other pictures of me where the resemblance to Abram was SO strong! Its so fun to see him grow and change and it will be so fun to see the new baby and do more comparisons! By the way, Abram was 25lbs (25-50%) and 34 1/2 inches tall (95%) at his 18 month appointment. Tall and skinny...who does THAT sound like? haha

No comments: