Thursday, July 26, 2012

18 Months

 Well, "Bear-y" is ready....where's Abram?

Oh, there he is...

 Oh my...not ready at all.

 Will you sit there with Daddy?

 Hmmm...guess not! We'll try again later!

Later that afternoon, after nap and sans jean shorts, Abram was much more agreeable and enjoyed pointing to body parts as Daddy said them and Mommy took pictures. 
 "Where's your mouth?"

 "Where's your ear?"

 "Where's your toes?" my fav:-)

 Giving hugs.

 He would hug and then throw "Bear-y" off the chair...then we'd toss him back.

Abram is 18 months old and Mommy is 18 weeks pregnant!

I felt like I needed to include the first half of this month's photo shoot in this blog post to truly represent this past month...the good, the bad, and the ugly.  I have wondered on occasion if I'd been given a "changeling" child, because he has been a regular troll baby at times! Most of the time he is VERY happy and pleasant and smiley, but between the canines coming in all the way and a cold there in the middle of the month, there were a few days in a row where Curtis and I would look at him, look at each other and ask "what happened to our baby?"

But, honestly, he's becoming less and less of a baby every day. He's getting SO big! We had to reschedule his Dr. appt. for next Friday so I don't know all his stats, but according to our scales he's around 25lbs...not sure how tall. I'll update that later.  I don't remember what all I "bulleted" last month, but I'll try not to repeat myself too much.
  • Abram runs EVERYWHERE! It's his preferred rate of speed, at least in the house.
  • Favorite activity is pulling off all the couch cushions, climbing on couch and jumping on cushions.
  • Favorite book is Kaufman's Field Guide to Birds of North America (see pic below)Slowly but surely is being nicer to Gypsy, who still lies there and takes abuse...it's crazy!
  • Has this new "wiggle" move, seen most often when he's in his highchair and either likes something a lot, or wants to dance...it's the cutest thing!
  • Is officially a "Grandpa's boy"...he and my dad are OBSESSED with each other!
  • Jibber jabbers a lot, and will respond to people on the phone (especially Grandpa) and likes to skype. Only vowels are "ah", "uh", "oh" and "I". Consonants are "b", "d", "h", "g" and the other day I heard a couple "n" in a row. My parents heard an "m" when trying to get him to say moo and meow, but I only hear it when he's crying and it's more like "MWAAAAAH"! 
  • Seems to enjoy Sunday School, does NOT enjoy daycare at the YMCA.
  • Goes back and forth on his preference of big toilet or small potty...sometimes he'll use one and then the other.
  • Making huge leaps and bounds when it comes to understanding what we're telling him or asking him to do and acting upon it!. ie. "Go get your shoes", "Let's go brush teeth", "Turn off your light", "Come here, please", "Lay down", Arms up (to remove shirt)", "Wanna go see the chickens?" (at the neighbors house, LOVES to feed them), "There's a hummingbird!", "Daddy's home!" It's so fun to see those wheels turning in his head and figuring everything out.
  • Will lay down on his back (reluctantly) or his belly in the bathtub. Doesn't like having his hair rinsed anymore and getting water in his eyes, hence, why I'm trying to get him to lay on his back!
  • Still usually takes a great nap after lunch. Varies from 2-3, sometimes 4! hours. Sleeps 8-7:30ish, gets up at 8.
  • Loves breakfast food! Still not liking most fruits and veggies unless pureed...definitely not due to lack of teeth!!
  • Snuggly this month, giving hugs and kisses and wanting carried (due to extended grandparent visits). I think he missed me when I volunteered at a CP camp for a week. I know I missed him!
Everyone keeps asking me if I want to have a girl this time around. Yes, it would be nice to have a girl (so fun to dress and accessorize!), but I'd also take another boy just like this one:-)

1 comment:

Leslie said...

He's getting tall!