Over my mom's spring break, Abram and I flew with her to Macon, Georgia for a little mini-vacation. We stayed with my Aunt Jeanne (mom's sister) and Uncle John in their new house. Abram and I were also able to visit several times with my old co-worker, Steven DeGeorge and his wife Lauren and their little boy SteveO. SteveO and Abram were due about 2 weeks apart but then SteveO was born very early on November 10th. It was so great to see everyone and I wish we could have stayed and visited longer!
Our flight from Indianapolis to Atlanta was at 6:00...which means we had to leave my parents house at 3:15 AM...I don't think Abram really knew what was happening. I was so nervous about flying with a 14 month old, but he did really well! We managed to keep him entertained with snacks and an IPad!.
He also loved the window seat! He was fascinated by all the activity on the tarmac.
Lauren, Abram, SteveO and Steven at Lauren's parents house.
Abram and my Aunt Jeanne on their beautiful screened back porch. We spent a lot of time out there reading! Mom and I both read the first book of The Hunger Games (and I've since finished the trilogy...wouldn't say I enjoyed them, but I had to know what was going to happen).
These boys are too young to "play together", but I at least got a picture of them passing by!
Abram did AWESOME at Ruby Tuesdays! Like night and day from our last visit to a RT's...when he screeched like a banshee and there were cracker crumbs everywhere! THIS time he ate, colored, played by the window and was very pleasant!
We got to visit two of Jeanne and John's kids (and their wives and children) that live between Atlanta and Macon. I hadn't seen them since I was about a month or two pregnant, so that was fun to see Abram interact with his second cousins and see the other new babies.
Most of the second cousins are girls...Abram did a lot of watching. He did really like Emily, the oldest of the girls (knee visible on left) and kept tackling her! haha
Before our flight home we stopped at a place called "Noah's Ark" that had a lot of animals on display. We didn't have time to do the long walk to see all the animals but we saw a few of the ones close to the parking lot. Abram liked the tortoises.
I took about 10 pictures of the peacocks! They are just such pretty birds!
We bought a monkey "backpack" before the trip and it was great! Abram walked through the Indianapolis and Atlanta airports and was such a trooper! He loved the escalators and "moving walkways". It was great not having to push a stroller. I had made a bag for his car seat which hooked over my carry on suit case and checked it at the gates. I was so pleased with how the entire trip went and I'm so proud of Abram!

1 comment:
So glad your trip was a success! Great job sewing that car seat cover, and that is great that you could wheel it around on top of your carry-on, too!
Post a Comment