Saturday, August 27, 2011

August

August (actually the whole summer!) has been really hot, so our garden didn't do so well in the tomato department. Curtis wanted to make salsa, so we purchased a few more tomatoes from the local fruit/vegetable stand.

He made 11 pints of salsa and it tastes very good!

The hummingbirds have been abundant this month and frequenting my feeder constantly. I'ts keeping the cats on their toes. Joan is especially vigilant at hummer watching.

Abram still is not very tolerant of belly time...but he's getting a little better...

just won't....

...stay there long!

Curtis is still making fabulous desserts for his co-workers. This strawberry concoction required the purchase of a trifle dish! I've always wanted one of those!

Curtis turned 29! One more year of twenties before he has to grow up:)

He got a skil saw and a chef hat (and a book that's not pictured).

Abram is still rocked to submission by his swing. We have it in front of the window. If it doesn't put him to sleep, he at least is quiet and happy for quite a while.

Holding his own bottle!

This picture cracked me up...reminds me of the door knockers from The Labrynth!

I love that movie!

Abram's first balloon! Took it away before it popped and scarred him for life.

My rose bush in full glory. I think I'll be trimming it back after this bloom.

The garden is still producing. We did another planting of green beans, although we've canned enough to last us till next summer! I'm anxious to see if the sweet potatoes are growing!

Abram with Mammaw Wagner

We had a birthday party for all the August birthdays at Curtis's brother's house. Really good cake:-)

Curtis had his 10 year high school reunion. They had a great turn out and it was really fun! I think I enjoyed it more than my own a few years back. Taylor's brought their new baby "Landry". She was soo cute! Only two weeks old...I have to have a girl at some point!

Monroe Central Class of 2001

2 comments:

kristen t. said...

I love Abram's smile--his whole face lights up. Such a cutie.

Did the act of taking the balloon away scar him OR did you take it away before it popped, thinking the popping would scar him?

Curtis, will you send me your salsa recipe? Is it restaurant-esque? All that I have attempted have been crap. Happy belated birthday, and that strawberry dessert looks terrific.

My sister's friend from college named her 10 mo. old Landree--I hadn't heard that name before. Very pretty.

Congrats on a successful garden--we are lucky to get the grass mowed and the weeds pulled this year. :)

Rachel C said...

Haha, no, I took the balloon away so that it wouldn't pop and scare him to death.

Curtis's recipe is in his head...and it is really good. He'll just have to write down what he did!