Thursday, April 28, 2011

Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to work I go!

I returned to work full time on April 19th. It was a day I was simultaneously looking forward to and dreading. My first week back was a short one because of Good Friday. Now I'm almost through my first full week. It's wonderful to reconnect with the kids at work and to play with them. A month of playing with those kids and I think I'll lose that last bit of baby fat! Everyone seemed really happy that I'm back, so that feels really good.

Curtis's mother has come to stay with us through the baseball season, which is a huge blessing. It is wonderful to be able to leave the house knowing Abram is loved and well cared for. It's also nice to have some company since I'm usually home alone with Abram in the mornings and Curtis is usually home with Abram in the evenings. We'll have to figure out another arrangement come fall, but I'll worry about that a little later in the summer.

So the return to work has been pretty smooth. Pumping at work is a pain, but necessary if I'm going to continue breastfeeding. I'm not planning on introducing solids until closer to 6 months, so the pump is a must! I don't think too much about Abram while I"m at work because I stay pretty busy, but when I get home the guilt kicks in. I do feel bad being away from him for such a long stretch during the day. He's this perfect little gift that God has given me and it feels wrong to leave him and carry on with my life like nothing has happened. I pray for the day where I will be able to raise my own children.

Until then, I make the most of every moment I have with my son. He was very "chatty" when I got home from work the other night and Curtis got a video of some of our "conversation."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is cute. I wish we had videos when you kids were little.

Lourdes said...

beautiful, beautiful....Also, Just think of the great bonding with grandma that he is going to get to enjoy - and you will know that he is with someone who loves him.

mnshurst said...

Love the video!! That sweet talking is so cute!! Loved that the dog came to investigate the popsicle too. :)