Thursday, January 27, 2011

Abram Wagner Cunningham

38 weeks, feeling enormous, and closer to holding my baby than I realized!

Finishing touches (still have to find frames for four pictures.)

I went into labor late in the evening of the 20th (38 weeks and 4 days) and labored all night and all day but my body just wouldn't cooperate. Curtis stayed with me the whole time and I practically wrung his hand off. I got an epidural near the end to see if it would help relax me, but after an hour of resting, I still hadn't moved past 7 centimeters. So they told me I needed to have a c-section, and that's how he arrived! Our friend, Donna, is a nurse in the Nursery at the hospital and she was there with us the whole time. Curtis and I wouldn't have made it through the whole experience without her constant support.

Mom and Dad, Leslie, Joe and Jill were all there for the birth! They had a long day in the waiting room (Mom came in with Curtis too up until the surgery). They all turned into the paparazzi as soon as Curtis and Donna brought Abram to the nursery.

Introducing...
Abram Wagner Cunningham
Born: January 21, 2011
at 8:57 PM
8 lbs 7 oz.
20 inches long

After a 4 day stay in the hospital, we were released to go home!

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17

1 comment:

The Athearns said...

Congratulations again guys! He is beautiful and perfect. :)