Sunday, November 1, 2009

October Fun! (formerly "Pre-Blog")

Hobo and Gypsy snuggling in a chair...I love my cats:)

Curtis writes:

I am sure Rachel will come back through and write a little more in detail about the last few weeks but I thought I’d get a head start and post some pictures. Since the last post Rachel celebrated a birthday, we took some good shots of four (of six) remaining kittens we have at the house and we got all dressed up for Halloween.

Rachel writes:

Curtis is trying to keep me on my toes...our parents were begging for pictures so he got a headstart getting some loaded. Thanks sweetie!

I had a good birthday this year...it lasted a few days! On Friday I kinda threw myself a party at work with my girls club, iced cupcakes (showed them some different techniques) and made homemade ice cream (which was entirely devoured by the kids). On Saturday one of the other fosters took our kittens to adoption day so we could go shopping for birthday clothes. Curtis got me two bags of tulip bulbs and some pretty fall cut flowers. Now I just have to get out in the yard and plant the bulbs!This is my birthday cake...Curtis baked it on Monday and iced it and then I decorated it.These are the four girls from a litter of kittens we took for one of my co-workers. They are probably the SWEETEST kittens we've had! They purr and talk and snuggle and play. Two of them are getting adopted this week. In the top picture they are from left to right, Cora, Claire, Cameo and Carmen (Cameo and Cora are the ones spoken for). In the bottom picture you can see that they are black, but they have tabby stripes (sorry about the crotch shot sweetie)! See their videos below!Curtis and I were Popeye and Olive Oyl for Halloween. Originally there was a work party we planned to attend, but then that was canceled. We ended up dressing up twice, I went to work like this on Friday and Curtis came in the evening to volunteer for our Fall Festival and then we went to adoption day like this on Saturday and went trick-or-treating with our friends children. We were a hit!This is the entire litter nursing on their mama, Coco. Coco, although obviously Siamese, had 5 black babies and one white...go figure. I love Coco's face at the end of this clip! Do you think she's ready to get these babies weaned? haha

Oh, and here is what happens when you open a can of tuna in our house:

2 comments:

Leslie said...

LOVE the costumes!! Sounds like ya'll had a fun Halloween. I can't wait til Travis and I can have more weekend days off with each other. Love the Coco nursing face:) and I can somewhat relate to the tuna incident--was wondering if he was actually feeding them the tuna?

Anonymous said...

so cute