Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Rainbarrels, Reunions, Revolvers and Riverboats

This is Boone, our neighbors dog. We're guessing he's Pug/Bulldog. Isn't he the cutest? We celebrated a few weeks ago because we noticed he'd been neutered! I put a collar on him and since then he hasn't visited as frequently because he can't escape from his tie-out!
September was a busy month that absolutely flew by. The minor league baseball season ended to which I always say "hooray!" Thank heaven Curtis doesn't work in the major leagues. He's already begun work on one of his "winter projects". This is a Shop Smith that my dad gave him that had belonged to my grandma's neighbor and has been kept for several years in a friends barn. It's in sorry shape, so Curtis is taking it apart and cleaning it all up...it's really amazing how Coke takes off rust!
Our computer was out of commission for several weeks of the month but thanks to a dear co-worker, it is now purring along happily sans malaware (grrr). In the meantime I finished my puzzle I started with mom during Art Camp!
Mammaw and Aunt Krista came and visited over Memorial Day Weekend while Uncle Tim was staying with us for a show. I was away for the weekend at Leslie's and went to Lisa Lach's wedding, so I didn't get to be there, but I was so glad they made it down to see our house!
I finally finished up my rainbarrel project from work just in time for the St. James Art Show. Who knows how long the paint will stick to those darned barrels, but they looked good for the show and we raised about $1000 dollars raffling them off. Here's a shot of mine when all was said and done. I loved how my koi fish turned out...it was a bit obvious (to me at least) that I spent more time on the top, than the sides!
My 10 year class reunion was on the 26th...quite hard to believe it's been that long. I organized the event with some help from a few other classmates and it turned out to be a rather small affair. Not many classmates were able to come, but we had a good time eating and talking.
(there were a few people who left before this picture was taken)

My dad bought a .357 magnum for some reason. Dad, Curtis and I had fun shooting it out at Curt's parents house. None of us were very consistent, but my first shot was the best of all of them. Dad kept calling me Annie Oakley. Watch out Travis, you might have some competition at the shooting range! Really I prefer bow and arrow:)

(zoom in and you can see my first shot...right in the center!)

Dad came down for the St. James Art Show the first weekend in October and we went on a riverboat ride on the Belle of Louisville. It was fun, a bit chilly, but fun.
Here's a parting shot of Tyson and Harriet...they looked so cute riding in the back seat together:) They were a bit crowded because we had Gypsy back there in a crate too!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Hey I liked your class reunion shot and your shooting video! I shot down in TN but all we have are photos. I liked the feel of Mike's revolver better than Travis's glock..so I probably would like dad's too.