Saturday, August 29, 2009

Louisville Flood, a Quick Trip to GA, and Birthdays

The day after my last post, Louisville flooded, literally flooded. This is how much rain we got (in about 2 hours) and and what the end of our driveway looked like. I didn't go to work that day it was so bad. I guess there were cars floating down the street where I work! No point in driving into that!
Curtis walked down and did a "depth check" for me...and then backed my car back up the driveway. This was later in the day...it had started to go down a little bit, but not much.
My co-worker, SteveO got married the Saturday after camps and I drove down to Macon, GA to attend. Fortunately, another co-worker, Lloyd, and his wife drove down with me and that helped the trip go faster. It was a beautiful wedding and I wouldn't have missed it! I also got to stop and see Michael, Stephanie and Kaylee for a few minutes on the way home...since I was in the neighborhood:-)
Curtis turned 27 on the 15th! He's getting old! I made him a spice cake with cream cheese icing...it was very good. We didn't do much else on his birthday because he had to work.
Travis surprised Leslie by bringing her to my house for her birthday. I got her a CD of Journey's greatest hits (The Essential Journey) and made her a mint icecream cake.and then Travis gave her his present (and the real reason they'd come to my house to stay): Tickets to the Journey w/Heart concert at the Kentucky Fair.
She was really surprised:)

Sorry, I still haven't had a chance to add summer camp pictures...I'll get around to it...eventually.

No comments: