Chewy was a stray in the Portland area of Louisville. His rescuer thought he'd been burned, but he actually just had fleas sooo badly that he'd chewed and scratched his fur off and his skin was raw in several patches. Now he's been vaccinated and neutered and his skin is healing (fur's coming in patchy on his lower back and left side). He's a cute little bugger, only 11 lbs...obviously a terrier mix. Looks a bit like a combo Yorkie/Cairn Terrier...reminds me of a little Benji. I'll be taking him with me to Dog Day at Slugger Field on Tuesday. I think this little guy will get adopted FAST!
My world is a zoo, full of love and laughter, where my family and I, are forever covered in pet fur.
Sunday, June 7, 2009
"Chewy"
Chewy was a stray in the Portland area of Louisville. His rescuer thought he'd been burned, but he actually just had fleas sooo badly that he'd chewed and scratched his fur off and his skin was raw in several patches. Now he's been vaccinated and neutered and his skin is healing (fur's coming in patchy on his lower back and left side). He's a cute little bugger, only 11 lbs...obviously a terrier mix. Looks a bit like a combo Yorkie/Cairn Terrier...reminds me of a little Benji. I'll be taking him with me to Dog Day at Slugger Field on Tuesday. I think this little guy will get adopted FAST!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
ohhh...what a cutie! Chewy is the perfect name. :) hope he gets lots of interest at Dog Day!
he does look like benji! Erin's dog is a bit bigger than that, and they keep his body cut short and his face shaggy. I think this guy will have fun with Chip..hope that his wounds are more healed:(
ok, he's adorable!
Post a Comment