Friday, March 13, 2009

Fun with Photoshop

Ok, most of you know, I have an extremely beautiful and talented sister, Leslie. Last spring, she was singing in a wedding and the photographer, Polina Osherov, took a stunning photograph of her during her song. Leslie was considering advertising herself "officially" as a wedding singer to make some extra income and I suggested she ask Polina to use the image. Polina approved so I took the image and "extended the canvas" in Photoshop and added Leslie's information. I also changed it to black and white, so it (hopefully) won't cost as much to print. I only have the 30-day trial photoshop, but it is soooo fun! I might have to track down a permanent copy:)First I just had the info listed and hadn't adjusted the color.Here's the final version with "curved text" and credit to the photographer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks nice. I like the black and white, but I prefer the text layout of the first one. My only suggestion would be not to use all caps with that particular font. I think simply using a bigger point size would work well enough. The frilly fonts tend to be hard to read when in all caps. Just a graphic nerd suggestion. Other than that I'm impressed! And good for Leslie for putting herself out there and doing more singing. You can tell that that is where her heart truly belongs.

Lindy from Indy said...

These are both great!! Send my best to Leslie. I never knew either of you very well, but I have always thought a lot of both of you.

Does she do jazz?! If I get married - she'll be top on my list!

Anonymous said...

Looks very professional.