Thursday, July 10, 2008

Bike Camp!

Was awesome! We had 9 kids and 4 adults. We biked 110 miles of the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal Towpath Trail (although it was probably closer to 75 for me because I drove the van one day). We tent camped along the way and then rode the metro into Washington D.C. on the 4th of July to visit a few museums, see some sights and watch the fireworks. Other than being a bit sore, despite padded bike shorts, this was an amazing trip! Here are a few pics, enjoy (I had to remove a few because of work rules...I left one because we're too tiny to see!)

Can you tell I'm super excited to be riding the subway for the first time?
One of the Giant Pandas that make the National Zoo a hot spot for tourists!
Our group (minus Ted who is taking the picture) in front of the Capital Building.
One of the many awesome fireworks during the 4th of July display. We were right at the front of the crowd on the Mall. We could see where they were shooting off the fireworks and they were exploding right over our heads!
Raz (my boss) and I, looking rather exhausted after a looooooooooong day, on an extremely crowded Metro subway in denial about our looooooooooooong drive home in the morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Anonymous said...

hey sis, I love all the bike photos...its so good to see you enjoying yourself in your job. some of them I could click on and make bigger, but the last half, I couldn't. not sure why. hope you all have fun camping this week--sorry again that my assistance fell through. love!