Friday, April 11, 2008

Yes, I still do art!

Here's some fun projects I did along with the kids at work. A volunteer group ran an art class where we looked at famous artists and tried out their "styles. Here we have Picasso and Van Gogh. These were my favorites because they were so much fun!


But seriously, I do still paint and draw on occasion...almost always as gifts for family. This Christmas I did a series of grapes (in watermedia) for my sister, Leslie, and then matted them together along with a verse (John 15:5) that I wrote in calligraphy. It turned out very beautiful and she cried :) but boy, was I tired of trying to make grapes look round!


Here's me working up to the last minute on this project (as always) with Daddy and Chip monitoring my progress.....and finished and matted. Leslie found frames and hung them in her living room.
I entered two pieces in the amateur division of the Randolph Co. Art Show this year and won first place in watermedia with my portrait of Toby entitled "My little dog, a heartbeat at my feet". I painted this for my dad last Christmas after Toby passed away. I love this painting.

I also received an honorable mention for the portrait of my nephew "Caleb at 6 months". I drew this (in conte pencil) for my brother-in-law and sister-in-law this Christmas as well.

So yes, I still do art:) I really should do it more often....maybe try to make some extra money instead of giving them all away! haha

No comments: